Sunday, May 5, 2013

Writing While Researching

The research on the new book is proceeding very slowly. I was hoping to be further along, but this annoying need to make a living keeps interfering in one way or another (just as life takes time away from balloon play).

Meanwhile, I am composing a short story, not related to Blowing It! in any way (don't want to get anyone prematurely excited about a sequel), but just something I thought of one morning and decided I wanted to write. I expect that it will only take a few weeks to whip it into shape and get it published on Kindle.

I asked my Facebook followers if I should make the character a popper, a non-popper, or some kind of combination between the two. I got lots of opinions, and you'll have to read the story to find out what I decided, but some of their other suggestions sparked some other plot ideas.

So, rather than having to wait until I can do a whole novel, or get the research done for an entire non-fiction book, I just might have some stories for you to read this year.

It should be fun; I hope you'll enjoy them.

No comments:

Post a Comment